Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Continuation of April Thirteenth

Hi You Guys
sorry for cutting off so fast at that point. We went to visit elephants as you have probably heard following off on last blog. After riding the elephants down to the Mekong (I got to ride on the head where the. Mahouts usually sit!!!) we had a lovely Laos lunch with all the trappings. which i will show you when I get back. Then we got to learn how to ride on an elephant called Mae Uak (all girl elephants start with Mae I think the boys start with Mon but not sure) when I say ride I mean ride the elephants without the benefit of the Mahout. I Know my spelling is horrible but I don't have much time. The elephants then took us down to the Mekong to give them a bath while giving us a bath at the same time!!! The next day we took a van to the waterfall along the way stopping at villages and markets outside Luangprabang Our guide slash driver then took us to a lovely little restaurant by the waterfall entrance. the people at the entrance wouldn't believe i was twelve and made us pay extra!! The waterfall was gorgeous for swimming in and very cold! You wouldn't think it would be that cold in Laos but in the water it is. Probably because it's so hot outside. Anyway the next day me, mom, and Grandma went to a weaving village and died silk one of the main industries in Laos. We also went weaving and for ali only on a two tredled loom which is way more fun than four. I will bring you back my weaving piece. After that we got a van that took us to the parents of one of Moms Laosian friends and we had dinner there. It was hard because only one of them spoke a little english and he didn't speak it very well. The next day we spent in the markets. To be more specific the New Years market. We only spent the morning there and there were so many people that it was so packed that you could barely breath. The afternoon we spent at the hotel because Conner was feeling sick and our plane for the capitol didn't leave until four. In Laos for those who have been on planes before they close the gate an hour before the plane leaves so that all the luggage can be on the plane before hand. We got there with plenty of time to spare but then Dad found out that he didn't have his passport. We searched through all the luggage and eventually Dad ran back to the hotel and found out that it was with my grandparents. Wow. we were all really worried that Dad wouldn't be able to go with us. We made it on the plane and 35 minutes later we were in the capitol. We got to our motel and crashed. Today we are leaving for Kuala Lumpar in Malaysia for the night and Going on to Jakarta Indonesia for the next part of our trip. I don't know what we are doing there as my Uncle Roy is planning it all and wants it to be a surprise. I shall hope to blog more there as he has internet. Post me on what's happening at home.
Hot in Asia
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun there. Just like I am here tell your grandma that I am done my other cloth place mat and started on the jean one. All my sports have started I have running Mr.Nemathy on Mondays and Wednesdays. Track and field with our school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And Laure comes over Thursdays Fridays Saturdays and Sundays to rid Olscar Klettur( which is also spelt wrong) and I ride Monty. She also put me on Klettur once to. But I can only ride three days a week because of track and field. but my muscles are real sore because I don't have a day off i am either running or riding so I have to get in shape but I'll have no trouble with Mr. Nemathy and Laure working with me five days a week.
    miss you all and luv you lots ali

    ReplyDelete